I have been so overwhelmed lately in the best way possible. Life is just so fast-paced at the moment, I am doing my best to just pause and enjoy it. Life isn’t all sunshines and rainbows as I get stressed out easily but I am trying my best to make the most of it.
I wanted to get this post up tonight because I feel like I have so much that is scheduled to come in so little time. Normally It wouldn’t be a problem to get it all done on time but homework is very much in my way.
I can’t quit with these workout outfits and can you believe that theres more of them coming soon LOL?! I just love the comfort of an outfit like this one. It’s super fun yet so comfortable at the same time. I have starting working out again and so far I am discovering how beneficial it is to make it part of my weekly routine. I have had a busy week so far and I can’t wait to make my way to the gym tomorrow and Friday. Having a boyfriend who is super passionate about the gym and working out in general is really helpful because lets be real, I don’t know the first thing about lifting and building muscle. He has been super great through this process. Him and my girl, Whitney Simmons lol.
I paired these leggings with a basic workout tank from Old Navy. One thing about workout clothes is that there super expensive so you need to try to save where you can. I have yet to get my hands on a pair of lululemon leggings. I’m sure it will happen sooner than I think but they are certainly an investment. One of the best things to do when pairing together outfits like this is to find basics that are affordable and splurge only on the fun pieces that can tie the look together. Places like Old Navy, Marshalls, Uniqlo and TJ Maxx have great basics and they don’t break the bank. Plus, they provide you with quality product which is always key in my opinion.
Looking put together is something that helps keep me motivated to tackle my goals, whether it be goals at the gym or even with my daily routine. Its something I love to do and I certainly take a lot of pride in it. I love fashion and inspiring others to get out there and do the things they love/achieve those goals they have for themselves. I’m a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to. I love watching people get out there and make things happen for themselves.
What are some ways you stay motivated?
This week I want to share with you this hat I got from a company called Baddogtee. I am a sucker for local family-owned businesses so when they reached out and contacted me I was honored. They sent me a custom embroidered hat with my blog logo on it. Easily my most favorite baseball cap in my collection. It’s perfect and I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.
You can really add a piece like a baseball cap to a number of outfits. I know I have been wearing this hat on repeat lately but my most favorite outfit was the one I wore one day to the park with Nick. We had a blizzard last week which is finally starting to melt but on the first warm day we took a ride to the park and it was beautiful to be able to see what is probably going to be the last snow of this season. It was warm enough to be without a jacket but I layered up in one of my L.L. Bean pullovers and a puffer vest from J.Crew.
I swear by these pullovers, they are my all time favorite. Because they’re basically all I wear around the apartment, I have a collection of different colors. L.L. Bean makes such a high quality product that you know you’re really getting your moneys worth when you purchase from this company.
I was super comfortable in this look but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress up a cap like this. I can’t wait till it gets a bit warmer and I can wear it with a t-shirt dress. Needless to say, baddogtee has done a great job and if you are looking for some custom logo-wear they are definitely the place to go to! I’ll be sure to link their social media below so you can check out their work.
Website | Instagram | Facebook
This weather has really put me behind schedule with shooting outfit posts so I decided to start a new series on here that shows you the things I am currently loving. Similar to those Monthly Favorites videos on youtube, minus the youtube lol! Products ranging from beauty, books, fashion, and more to get the word out about the things I am obsessing over right now. Also, let me know of different things you’d like to start seeing here on the blog because I am looking into different ways I can branch out from my typical outfit posts. I want to be sure to provide my readers with content they want to read about so all feedback is greatly appreciated!
- The Paper Store– Recently this company reached out to me to get me on board as their brand influencer for my area. I had heard of the company before but never really knew what they were about so I popped into my local paper store and my mind was blown. SO many different brands from Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, Vera Bradley, Life is Good, and more. It was seriously heaven. I couldn’t believe I had no idea this place was right in my backyard all this time. They carry much more than paper so don’t let the name fool you. Clothing, jewelry, accessories, home decor, and much more. If you live in my area be sure to come check out the Ramsey, NJ location. The store is hosting an event this Thursday March, 16th from 6-9 pm filled with promotions and prizes so you can stock up on some essentials for spring and you bet i’ll be there, so come say hey!!
- THIS COAT!!!– I saw this rain jacket on Instagram and I am in love with it. The style is so timeless and I love the yellow detailing which gives the coat just a hint of color for spring. I am a sucker for stripes. I just love that nautical feel especially during the warmer months. The reviews are superb on their website so if you’re looking for a classic piece thats so fun I highly recommend this rain trench.
- Active Wear from Old Navy– Over the weekend Old Navy did 50% their active wear so you best believe I went to check it out. The pieces are so cute and comfortable and I just think the price point is perfect for those basics you’d need for everyday use. Plus the quality is great. Job well done, Old Navy! (P.S. its 40% off on the website now)
- I have been watching a lot of Whitney Simmons on youtube recently so I have been obsessed with learning about different workouts, different foods to fuel your body, different gear etc. I think her story is super inspiring and she’s so funny to watch! I highly recommend her channel if you’re looking for some new people to watch. Let me know who your favorite youtubers are, I am always looking for great content to discover!
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris– I have only just started this book and it already has me hooked. I am currently on spring break and am so grateful for the extra time to myself. I really enjoy reading but don’t get to read as much as I would like during the academic year so its nice to have a week to myself so I can engross in a good book. I am the type of person who could spend hours in a book store just reading about each book until I find the perfect one. Keep up with what I am reading on Goodreads. Lets be friends!
I hope you enjoyed the things I am loving this month, comment below or find me on Instagram to tell me the things you’re loving currently! I love finding out about all the different things that people enjoy.
Lastly, I just want to give a shout out to my cat, Alexa, she unfortunately passed away last week. She was so young, only 7 years old, and it was quite the shock for my family and I. If you have some time, say a little prayer for her up in heaven. I hope that whatever she’s doing up there, she’s safe, happy, and free from pain.
Sorry for the delay, one of my cats was very sick this week so I was running back and forth from work, school, and home to help out with everything. She is home safe and sound and is okay for now. Hopefully nothing changes.
I think I have mentioned how much I am really loving workout looks lately. When J.Crew launched their New Balance for J.Crew arrivals for the season I saw them and couldn’t resist. I LOVE the pink striped outfit so much. I didn’t get the matching pink New Balance sneakers because I wasn’t sure I had a lot to pair with them in my closet but how cute are these?! I went with a more neutral pair so I new I’d get good wear out of them. I love the color combo white and gold so when I saw the J.Crew x NB white and gold shoe, I went for it.
This look was so perfect for me. I love stripes but pink stripes made the outfit even better. There are a bunch of different ways to pair all the pieces in the New Balance for J.Crew collection. They have navy, gray, pink, and green pieces that make mix-and-matching so much fun!
I was a bit untraditional wearing just a sports bra and leggings but threw over a running jacket from Uniqlo so I can zip it up when necessary. I love their activewear, their AIRism line keeps you cool and its super affordable too. They have great basics, and their quality all around is amazing so you can get great pieces without having to spend an arm and a leg to complete your look. That place is seriously a hidden gem of mine.
The look was super girly and cute. I had so much fun shooting this outfit. It paired perfectly with my Lilly Pulitzer Swell Bottle in Resort Escape Floral. Everything screamed spring and summer and made me so excited for the seasons ahead.